Since the winter has arrived, so has arrived the need and craving for delicious warm foods. What you eat can make a big difference in how warm your body is. There are certain winter foods that will help warm up your body and your spirit too. One of them is your very favorite; Chicken.
Chicken, a great food for winter
Chicken is a body warming food. All the food items made of chicken can warm your body in a wonderful way. It would also help you ward off cold, cough and fever. The healthiest chicken recipe for winters is a bowl of warm delicious chicken soup.
Chicken Soup Recipe for winter
Hot chicken soup helps reduce upper respiratory cold symptoms by clearing clogged airways, and the nourishing broth increases hydration and will give you more energy. The trick is to add plenty of vegetables, including onion and garlic, for extra healing power.
The soothing nature of chicken soup is excellent for rejuvenating your body, mind and soul.
Make a quick chicken soup with the following recipe.
- Chicken – 100 g
- Onion – ½ sliced
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Ginger – 1 big piece
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Do not put coriander leaves, tomato or mint leaves. They are body cooling foods. Also avoid turmeric powder.
- Place the chicken in a large pot.
- Quarter the onion.
- Add all the ingredients to the pot with the salt, pepper, and enough cold water to cover (about 8 cups).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, skimming any foam that rises to the top, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot
Make this at home or visit Handi for a healthy meal this winter 🙂