In chilly nights, there is nothing more comforting than a simmering cup of soup. Bursting with flavors of garlic, onion and mushroom, this mushroom soup is highly nutritious and also a perfect antidote for frozen nights. So just to ensure you stay nourished and warm, a quick recipe of the Mushroom soup. You can have this soup ready in about 25 minutes, and can freeze the leftover for the chilly days ahead.
- Chopped mushroom – 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions – 2tbsp
- Finely chopped garlic cloves – 5
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Plain flour ( maida) – 2 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Combine the milk and 2 cups of water in a deep pan and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in another deep pan, add the onions & garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the milk-water mixture gradually and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till no lumps remain, while stirring continuously
- Add the salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Soup is ready.
Enjoy a bowl of comfort and stay warm.
(Image via Google)